If your roof is over 15 years old, you may need to have it inspected to catch small problems before they become big problems. At Glick’s Exteriors we are experts in everything roofing.
Leaking roofs, poor drainage, and clogged gutters and downspouts can lead to significant water damage inside your home. To help determine if you need a new roof, Glick’s Exteriors will visit your home and conduct a thorough inspection.
Here are a few things to look for:
- Curled or split shingles
- Loose or missing shingles or tiles
- Exposed nails or popped
- Stain on asphalt shingles and/or large amounts of debris in the rain gutters
- Sagging either on the ridges or in the center of the roof
- Broken or loose shingles at the ridge lines and hip lines
- Rusty or corroded metal and loose shingles in the valleys, plumbing vents or near chimneys
- Loose shingles in locations where a vertical side of the house meets the roof
- For flat roofs, we look for blisters or cracks, depressions near vent pipes, separations in flashing, and clogged drains
Most residential re-roofing is completed with asphalt shingles, the most popular of which are the dimensional or architectural shingles. We understand that the reliability of your roof will be protecting your family for generations to come. With that in mind, Glick’s Exteriors only installs shingles manufactured by the most reputable companies.
Maintaining the quality and life of your roof is the #1 priority at Glick’s Exteriors. Throughout the Reading and Philadelphia areas we work daily to maintain your roof and eliminate any leak areas that your home may be experiencing. With our emergency roof leak assistance, we’ll get someone out there in timely fashion to assist with fixing a roof problem you may be having.
The cause of roof leaks range from all different types of elements. Natural elements are a leading factor to many roof repairs including Wind, Fire and Ice. Others include dry rot, termites, broken shingles and lack of maintenance.